Rules for Credit Card Use to Increase & Maintain an Excellent Credit Score:
Most people don't know that 35% of your Credit Score comes from use of Credit Cards.
Yes, that means you have to have Credit Cards and use them WISELY, otherwise you could be damaging 1/3 of your score!!!
Here are 7 rules that will help you INCREASE & Maintain an Excellent Credit Score:
1) Have no more than 3 to 5 cards (preferably not dept. store cards).
2) Should have at least 4 yrs of history.
3) Never open & close multiple cards — this will lower your score. If you need to close cards, close 1 every 3 months.
4) Use each card every month if you can. Use the cards in place of cash or debit cards and then just pay cards with cash from bank account.
5) Not using cards for several months will cause your score to drop – no credit use – no way to score you.
6) Never charge above 25% of the limit at any time. If you do, pay it off or at least down to 25% ASAP!
7) Carrying a balance month to month doesn't improve your score – you can pay the cards off in full every month and avoid interest.
It is very important to make sure you have credit cards to build your credit. Even if you have had problems with credit cards in the past and find it hard to get one now. We can recommend a few companies that help Credit challenged people, even those who have filed bankruptcy.
Find out more and get a free consultation at